Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sad Day



Dear Sweetheart,

This morning I woke up and savored the feeling of your sleeping body beside me. This is the last morning for many mornings that I will wake up to that luxury. I softly traced your arms and face, hoping not to wake you. Then I just snuggled in closer and enjoyed your presence.

Days like this one are hard. But the honest truth is that I wouldn't change a thing about our life. Our times apart force me to become more independent and know myself better. They force me to become more dependent on God. Your absence makes every moment with you that much sweeter and forces me to really live in our moments together and savor each one. They make our love more passionate, more new, more real.

I go to those special moments in my mind too frequently to count. I use them to bring you closer to me and heal my heartache.

I used one of our special moments this morning to help me drive away and leave you. I was thinking of our second date when you took me for my first flight. I will never forget that night. Flying over Nashville in that cessna still ranks in the top 10 moments of my life. The cool winter air, the gentle way you helped me into the plane, the professionalism you displayed while preparing for our flight. I was - and still am - so totally and completely impressed with you.

You are without a doubt the best thing that has every happened to me. I have no regrets, no doubts, no hesitations with you. You made my heart skip a beat then, and you make my heart skip a million beats today. The best part of all is that I was sure of this fact then and I am even more certain of it today...you are the man that God intended for me to marry.

And you are well worth waiting for.

Missing you and patiently waiting,
Love, M~