Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dear Sweetheart

Dear sweetheart,

I am sitting by you right now on the couch listening to you snore. :) While this usually causes me to gently give you a "lovepat" (elbow to the ribs), tonight I am just sitting and listening to you and enjoying our last few days together before you leave.

You can't see it on the outside, but my heart is hurting. This is the hardest part to me - the letting go part. It is always hard to let go of something when we love it so much. But I will let you go and not only that, I will joyfully send you on your journey. Not because I don't want or need you here with us. Not because I won't miss you terribly and hurt every single second that you are gone. I will do this because I know that you are doing a job that gives you purpose and fulfills your dreams. I know that you are doing a job that God planned perfectly for you and that he will use you for purposes greater than you will ever know. And so I ask Him to give me the strength, endurance, and peace that I will need to make it without you here. And He will....He always does.

I love you my heart!
I even love your snoring....at least when you are getting ready to leave. ; )
M~